With National Small Business Week starting on Sunday, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released the results of its 2018 Small Business Owner Survey as well as editor’s picks for 2018’s best business credit cards and bank accounts. You can find highlights below.
2018 Small Business Owner Survey:
- 89 percent of business owners say Small Business Week does not actually help their business.
- 7 in 10 small business owners say now is a good time for businesses to grow.
- 28 percent of business owners say businesses will primary use savings from President Trump’s tax changes for executive and investor bonuses. 7 percent believe it will go to employee compensation.
- While 90 percent think the user protections on business credit cards should be at least as good as those on personal cards, business cards currently lack a number of key safeguards.
For the complete results of WalletHub’s 2018 Small Business Owner Survey.
Best Business Credit Cards & Bank Accounts:
- Best Business Credit Card Overall: Capital One Spark Cash for Business– $500 cash bonus and 2 percent cash back
- Best Business Credit Card Bonus: Ink Business Preferred Card – $1,000 travel bonus
- Bank of America continues to be the most small business-friendly credit card company, followed by TD Bank, which recently extended all of the key CARD Act protections to its business cards
- Best Business Bank Account Overall: BofI Federal Bank Business Interest Checking – 0.80 percent APY & easily avoidable monthly fee