ClosetMaid has responded to high demand for its ExpressShelf pre-finished shelf and rod system by launching additional hardware options that enable more configurations and applications.
The new ExpressShelf hardware makes full walk-in and wall-to-open shelving designs possible, in addition to continuous slide corners and extended shelves.
Key hardware includes:
- Straight H-Channels to join two cut shelves for longer shelf runs
- Corner H-Channels to join two cut shelves at right angles
- Corner Rounder Hanger Bars to enable a continuous slide of hangers at corners
- Shelf End Caps to provide a finished look for cut, open edges
The result is nearly limitless configurations of shelving, to accommodate any closet, pantry or storage space in the home.
ExpressShelf debuted in 2017, and is now one of ClosetMaid’s most in-demand products. With its attractive and intelligent patent-pending hardware, the system installs quickly and easily with basic tools and eliminates the need for ladders, caulking and painting. ExpressShelf provides increased time efficiency while maintaining consistent quality, fit, and design.
“We introduced ExpressShelf to the marketplace because our customers needed an easier, more efficient, and more profitable closet organization solution,” says Lou Cuomo, VP of Sales for ClosetMaid’s Building Division. “Today, we are adding even more value to that solution by providing our customers with an alternative to traditional plank and pole that can be incorporated into almost any closet configuration imaginable.”
ExpressShelf utilizes ClosetMaid’s MasterSuite™ top shelves and closet rods to provide additional colors or upgrade options. The system can be directly installed to studs or drywall mounted using easy anchors without requiring cleats. These features, combined with easy-to-install hardware, allow for consistent fit, design, and space optimization with the ability to add on in the future.
ExpressShelf can be installed after-paint by either trim carpenters or after-paint specialty contractors, with little to no maintenance once installed. It does not require re-caulking or re-painting – increasing end-user satisfaction. Additionally, the system carries ClosetMaid’s free replacement warranty.
ClosetMaid, founded in 1965, is a leading North American manufacturer and marketer of closet organization, home storage, and garage storage products, and sells to some of the largest home center retail chains, mass merchandisers, and direct-to-builder professional installers. Headquartered in Ocala, FL, ClosetMaid designs, manufactures and sells a comprehensive portfolio of wire and laminated shelving, containers, storage cabinets and other closet and home organization accessories.
About Griffon Corporation
Griffon is a diversified management and holding company that conducts business through wholly owned subsidiaries. Griffon oversees the operations of its subsidiaries, allocates resources among them and manages their capital structures. Griffon provides direction and assistance to its subsidiaries in connection with acquisition and growth opportunities as well as in connection with divestitures. In order to further diversify, Griffon also seeks out, evaluates and, when appropriate, will acquire additional businesses that offer potentially attractive returns on capital.
Headquartered in New York, N.Y., the Company was founded in 1959 and is incorporated in Delaware. Griffon is listed on the New York Stock Exchanges and trades under the symbol GFF.
Griffon currently conducts its operations through two reportable segments:
- Home & Building Products consists of three companies, The AMES Companies, Inc. (“AMES”), Clopay Building Products Company, Inc. (“CBP”) and ClosetMaid LLC (ClosetMaid)
- AMES, founded in 1774, is the leading U.S. manufacturer and a global provider of long-handled tools and landscaping products for homeowners and professionals.
- CBP, since 1964, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial garage doors and sells to professional dealers and some of the largest home center retail chains in North America.
- ClosetMaid, founded in 1965, is a leading North American manufacturer and marketer of closet organization, home storage, and garage storage products, and sells to some of the largest home center retail chains, mass merchandisers, and direct-to-builder professional installers.
- Telephonics Corporation, founded in 1933, is recognized globally as a leading provider of highly sophisticated intelligence, surveillance and communications solutions for defense, aerospace and commercial customers.