The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) has announced the finalists for the 2020 Global Innovation Awards. The awards recognize the most advanced, cutting-edge and original products, services and homes from the United States and around the world, and showcase the future of home technology.
“The products and services highlighted by the Global Innovation Awards give a glimpse into how companies around the world are advancing by introducing new ideas and technologies,” said Jillian Pritchard-Cooke, chair of the NAHB Global Innovation Awards Program. “This year, we added an exciting new category, International Home of the Year, showcasing the integration of high-performance, sustainable building practices.”
The International Home of the Year recognizes the outstanding achievements by land planners, architects, engineers, designers, builders and developers whose work addresses socioeconomic challenges, are rooted in sustainability and wellness, and will have positive implications for residential construction globally.
Because of ongoing concerns about the pandemic, and international restrictions on travel, the GIA winners will be honored in a virtual ceremony to be held in March.
This year’s finalists include:
Exterior/Interior Product of the Year Finalists
- Flo by MoenT Smart Water Shutoff, Moen – Cleveland
- LG STUDIO WashTowerT, LG Electronics – New York
- Square D Energy Center, Schneider Electric – Knightdale, N.C.
Technology/Educational Service of the Year Finalists
- SWiDGET – Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Tranquility by Trane, Trane® Residential – New York
- Veev – San Mateo, Calif.
International Home of the Year Finalists
- The Brazadian in Ridgefield, Wash., Urban Northwest Homes, LLC
- Diamond Towers in Taipei, Taiwan, Shanyuan Development Co.
- Wen Living San Jose in San Jose del Cabo, Los Cabos, Baja California
- HBA of Greater New Orleans, Parade of Homes 2020 Reve Inc., Luling,
Winners for the Exterior/Interior Product of the Year and Technology/Educational Service of the Year will be announced on Thursday, March 4 from 4 – 6 p.m. EST (1 – 3 p.m. PST) during a virtual awards ceremony.
The International Home of the Year winner will be announced on Friday, March 5 from 4 – 6 p.m. EST (1 – 3 p.m. PST) during a virtual awards ceremony.
For more information on the finalists and judges, visit their page.