The new year brings many new laws and regulations to New York City, including Local Law 84 requiring new levels of compliance for benchmarking of energy and utility usage in New York City buildings. To find out how some of these changes may affect your holdings, join Yardi for a webinar on March 7 at 11:00 a.m. EST.
The goal of LL84 was to create transparency into a building’s energy and water use and currently requires all properties larger than 50,000 square feet to report usage annually. Starting May 1, 2018, buildings over 25,000 square feet are included, meaning many property owners will be required to benchmark for the first time. Let us help you comply and obtain an energy efficiency score on your buildings. Starting in 2020, you’ll also be required to post your scores and associated letter grade near public entrances.
Fortunately, the Yardi team of energy experts knows what you need to meet the new requirements and get a better score! They understand that benchmarking can be a time-consuming process, with submission requirements changing year-to-year. In addition, the Yardi Smart Energy Suite has more products and services to help you:
- Automate upload of consumption data directly into ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®
- Leverage paperless invoice processing for accurate information
- Ensure properly entered building information
- Get compliance reports submitted on your behalf
- Use a powerful reporting dashboard to view cost and consumption analytics for all your properties
- Improve your energy efficiency score and decrease emissions
Create a plan now to meet these new requirements! To learn more about the changing ENERGY STAR benchmarking requirements and how Yardi Energy can simplify the reporting process for you, register now for a webinar on March 7, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. EST.